Friday, March 11, 2016

Book Design Sketch




This is my first sketch idea, along with a preliminary front cover design idea.  I chose the folk band City and Colour, with the lead singer Dallas Green.  For a simple and to the point cover, I used cursive text along with a watercolor splash image and a Dallas skyline image.  The watercolor image is from the readings in this Module, and then I added a hue/tint layer to the image to make the color more resemble the colors of a sunset.  I used the same hue/tint effect on the skyline to bring out reds and blend better with the watercolor image.  I would like to add gradient to the background image, or maybe blend some white clouds, an effect that could carry over to the spine.  On the back cover I would do a short biography, with a paintbrush and paints underneath.  

No comments:

Post a Comment