Saturday, March 5, 2016

This is my Awareness Poster for Module 3.  The aim of my poster is to portray the corrupt nature of oil by referencing snake oil salesmen of the old west culture.  A snake oil salesman is someone by definition who knowingly sells fraudulent goods or is themselves a fraud.  I gave the text on the top of the image a warped quality as well as dripping oil aspect to connect it with the snake/pipeline image.  The snake head I used in my poster I believe to be the most striking (pun intended) part of my piece, and draw the viewer into the main idea.  The snake pipeline is wrapped around the entire planet and is squeezing the little oil left down to the salesman.  I used a money symbol as the "s" in salesman to help portray the greed associated with this type of corruption.

No comments:

Post a Comment