Sunday, March 20, 2016

Module 4 Book Cover


This is my book cover for Module 4 based off the band City and Colour.  I used the bands name as the title and my name for as the author just below that.  I decided on a light blue background to bring out warmer colors and to give the appearance of a sky on the cover.  I also used a watercolor sample provided in the readings, with an added hue/saturation effect to depict a sky or cloud with colors close to a sunset.  The image on the bottom of my cover is the Dallas, TX skyline with a hue/saturation effect to bring out oranges and red.  I used the color of the sky and the city skyline tie into the title City and Colour. 
The spine is simple with the print C & C going vertical, with a dark swipe of watercolor paint in the middle, and my initials in gold at the bottom.
On the back cover I offered a short description of the book/band and use previous albums as chapters or other books in a series.  In between the text I added some watercolor paints to space out the text.  On the bottom of the back cover I added four paint brushes and then used the transfer color brush tool to copy colors from the watercolors to the paintbrushes.  I then used the blend and smudge tools to make it look like the paint and brushes were actually used to paint the spine and the cover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment